Wednesday 1 June 2011

[BOOK] Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens

Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens

We've all heard about the poor orphan Oliver Twist and what a genius Dickens is. But truth be told I've only seen plays or watched the movie until today, when I read chapter 1 of the book. Ironically I needed a dictionary by my side partly because my vocab book is quite dry.

What I want to know from everyone is whether you've read, watched or even played a part in it at school and what you think of it. Is it an old book past it's time or a amazing glorious piece of literature.

My opinion is that it is very interesting and draws me in. Although, I used my dictionary more than I wanted to, I believe that the world is a learning process, so if Dickens is going to teach me the life of an orphaned poor Victorian boy, then so be it!

Word of the day-"Idyllic" meaning perfect.

Credits: Goes to whoever we borrowed the work from. If you want us to name the source, then just ask!

No comments:

Post a Comment